Looking for something to do this weekend?
1. Celebrate International Museum Day on May 21 at the Markham Museum with the GROWING INNOVATION project.
2. Bring blankets, lawn chairs and snacks. Enjoy free outdoor movie on a huge inflatable screen with Newmarket’s MOONLIGHT MOVIES series on May 21.
3. Learn to how to make a DREAM CATCHER and experience a smudge ceremony and eagle feather introductions on May 20 at Whitchurch-Stouffville Museum.
4. Enjoy the return of spring with the Richmond Hill Group of Artists’ SPRING FLING May 20 and 21 at the Mill Pond Gallery.
5. Take a ride on the midway, play arcade games and watch the parade at the annual Nobleton VICTORIA DAY FAIR on May 22
Want to watch the fireworks?
This long weekend, take in a spectacular fireworks display, with Victoria Day festivities taking place across York Region.
May 21, 10 p.m. — Canada’s Wonderland
Celebrate the Victoria Day long weekend with a dazzling display featuring more than 6,000 colourful explosions set to an original soundtrack
May 21, 8 p.m. — Stouffville, Memorial Park
Enjoy a great show at a new location, with plenty of food, family fun and live entertainment.
May 22, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. — Nobleton Victoria Day festival
Spend the day in Nobelton with the annual Victoria Day festival. The fun starts at 11 a.m. with a parade followed by a midway fair with classic cars, pipe bands, fire trucks, food trucks, live entertainment and a dunk tank. At the end of the night, enjoy a large firework display.